RSS

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Heidi is not doing well

Photo is of the first month we moved to the new farm..just before Heidi's down slide.

We have this old cat Heidi and we have had her a longggg time...she is my Son's beloved cat and he has had her most of his life.

We love her dearly but she hasn't been doing well for a couple of years. Done all the testing over and over again through this on Vet..nothing changes. She is skinny, can't keep on weight..she is on special spendy food..on meds.....we have always taken the best care possible of her. Not the money so much, as this Vet thinks we are stupid....
Can't possibly know anything about animals. How very wrong she is.

Last couple of days.. Heidi is still purring but can hardly walk....almost no motor control with the last half of her body. She is my son's cat and he carries her everywhere now..because she can't on her own... this is sooo very hard on him. This family is so torn up to see her like this. I know it is time..there is nothing that can be done. She is old,worn out and in a lot of pain...even though we give her pain meds twice a day.

So I call the Vet this morning and I get.. the Vet doesn't condone putting any animal down. So what... make her suffer longer?
I have a knack for making animals well...but even I can't do anything about old age and worn out body parts... and I know it.

I let Hubby know...at his new job..he doesn't need to deal with this right now..we are both in tears on the phone... he is going to try to come home so we can take her to the Vet. I don't think I could hold it together enough..to handle both an stupid uncaring Vet and Heidi. He is also going to call said Vet and have some words with her.

G** I hate it when they get old. And I hate it when a Vet doesn't listen, doesn't look and doesn't think.

There are other issues with this Vet I will not go into now but I have had good caring Vets... and everyonce in awhile.. Vets like this one..that shouldn't be practicing.

Should of listen when even the local animal shelter will not deal with this Vet.

0 comments: