RSS

Monday, March 16, 2009

How things have been going

I hate posting without photographs... so I added some below.

We have been busy with small jobs around the place. DH put a electric fence around the garden to keep the chickens out... too bad it wouldn't work for gophers and moles. He and DS cleaned the water tank out and so on.
DH has been busy trying to find a job local, sadly has been turned down for 2 at this point. Which is strange for him because normally if he interviews..he has always gotten the job in the past but these days sadly,, aren't normal times.
DS has been doing chores and studying with the MIT open college courses because that is all we can do for now. Rest of his drive time to get a licence has been put on hold until DH can find a job. Not what we had planned but that is life.
I have been working on my online shops, Art and spinning yarn to try to bring in some money but those types of things just aren't selling much. I have been getting dribbles of Art sales, just wish things were different around the World. Also have some of my china horse figures for sale, as you can see, so if you know someone that might be interested let me know.



My latest work. In this photo I had just finished spinning up two single plys of yarn. Can see one of the green British Top on the wheel and one on the lazy Kate on the floor.

About 99% done with this two ply yarn. It is green British top, with purple, green, red and blue Tussah silk blended in.

Here you can see me plying the two ply yarn.

Yesterday was a little more interesting than I was hoping for. Had a wicked Gale force wind all day yesterday, heavy rain and hail off and on.... then the power went out for 8 hours. Turned out to be two trees on two different country roads that took out the power poles.....again.

Needless to say, this power on and then off thing is getting tiring. Wish we had the money for a bolt down, full house generator. Until then... I have my freezer packed with ice, just in case the power goes out again. sigh ~~~
Today the wind is not as bad, Thank goodness,,,mix of a bit of sun, rain and about an hour of hail.
We are hanging in there with DH lay off,,, guess it is one way to get a vacation, though not our prefered one.

0 comments: