RSS

Monday, November 19, 2012

The Zoo at DC ~

 We went to the DC Zoo last Sat. First time we went to DC.. not on a federal holiday... so it was a bit more crowded. 
 Pretty nice Zoo... but I have never seen a Zoo with its own police department. Didn't know if I should be worried or not?
Also the first place I have gone, since we arrived over this way... that had Scooters for rent. Rather spendy but it allowed me to see a lot more, than I would
normally be able!
They had some really cool indoor Aviaries and such. And they had a whole passel of cute young otters playing... a lot of fun to watch.



 The photos above, are from the indoor Amazon Rain forest.  Very nicely set up and one can see, it has been around for a long while.
Would love to have one of these on this place. ;O)

 
This is the indoor Aviary, also very nicely set up. 




The young otters playing, they were a lot of fun to watch!



 Different kinds of Birds and a couple of Tiger photos.



I seriously need to get a new camera, only two of the photos I took, came out well. Of course they were the only two taken in bright full sun.

DH and DS took a number of photos and will be working on them next. Some of them came out very well!

0 comments: