RSS

Sunday, July 27, 2008

DH Birthday Drive

I wanted to do something for DH BD, even though we do not have the money. I sold a piece of my horse tack and that with the BD gift my parents sent him, we were able to take a drive.
First we went to the Free county fair but got bored with that pretty fast.
So we decided to go to the Tillamook Coast to look at the Ocean yesterday for his BDay.
The weather were we live was in the mid 70’s and sunny but as we headed closer to the coast, through the impressive coastal range, it became more cloudy.
The more we drove on, we saw the drifts of fog and heavy mist. By the time we arrived at the coast was only 51*, misting heavily and the fog was thick as pea soup in most places.
Hubby really wanted to picnic so we found an nice PT , just near an impressive cliff over looking the Ocean and sat down...and no sooner than we got lunch ready.. the mosquitoes were having a snack of their own and DH wasn't impressed.
But even with the weather, I managed to get a few good pictures of Waves and Rocks and we had a good time.

Caves in the Cliff side.
Photo DH took for me... he and DS had to walk quite a distances to see this stubby working Lighthouse.
One of my photos.
Photo taken by DH.
My photo.

0 comments: