RSS

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Autumn in the Northwet

A story of an late afternoon, doing the animal chores and the adventure there within.

Man its wet... more than wet but I wouldn't know what to call it.

So we go out to do the animal chores..Jacket on..big ugly brown hat..yup. I go out with my clogs on..and come back in to get my Welly boots and put those on instead,,, then go back out to get the Alpaca's hay.
Look at the floor of the garage..think the next time we have a dry day I need to caulk the floor as the Garage door seal isn't working so well. Sigh ~~

So I trodge on to feed the alpaca's,,, drip goes between my eyes... my thoughts go rather like this.. DRIP... I didn't... DRIP.... remember to....DRIP ... re oil my.... Drip... fuee..fiff off the latest drop of water off my nose... my hat.. DRIP..... I sigh... again.. this time a bigger one.

Now the poor Alpaca's look like drown rats,,, do not think they liked me giggling at the way they looked but they got over it fast enough when I brought their hay and pellets out. Their shed.. thank goodness with the improvements I did over the summer, seems to be holding up. Get them put to bed and desided to take a look at the big main ditch.
(During this time,, DS is bringing in the horses from the main field.. even wet, they look less bedraggled than the Alpaca's do.)
and the big ditches are doing their job... So I slop back up the hill...I stop and stand there dumbly looking at the ground, while the water is rushing past my Wellies...... there is wayy..wayy.. too much water coming over the path. Have some french Drains around the house you see. Well anyway.. the Mole has been more than a bit of bother and blocked the last long run of the pipe up. Grumble.... grumble.. now to find something to unblock the rather impressive clay works this annoying little beastie has done. Well.. Da.. I think to myself.. I have a handy dandy cane... fast forward 10 minutes later, gone from just dripping to bloomin wet... I hear a satisfying.. slurp... and there goes that nasty little beasties clay works in a rush of rushing water...sounding a bit like a flushing toilet... LOL Hope the blighter drowns... as it sure isn't doing my leach field any favors either.

So I troudge onto the house Dripping all the way. Welcome to Autumn in the Northwet.. (Yes,, I know I miss placed the "S" ,, I think it floated down the hill) ..where the puddles have puddles and if you forget to oil your hat your head will get wet. :RollEyes

Makes me really wish for a nice big Barn, designed with a gimp in mind, with water and power, would make it so much easier and pleasant to do the chores.

Sorry no photos.. more like than not..the camera would of floated away.

0 comments: