RSS

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Day at the DC Zoo ~

 DS wanted to go to the DC Zoo for his birthday.

Last time it was winter and barely any people there.
Not so this time... my goodness...  it was well... a Zoo!
Way to many people.
Also managed to get the last Scooter.




DS enjoying the Birds.  
I would love to have an aviary like this.


This photo was taken indoors, with a weird black netting in front.
Surprised it came out.

Peacock found a childs cracker by my scooter, poor thing thought I was was the one with the treats...
He was trying to sweet talk me into more.




For being the Nations Zoo, they are far behind other Zoo's like San Diego... even the Tacoma Zoo in WA.

Another thing I saw... 
 I was the only one with a re-useable water bottle.

Everyone else, ok, all the adults I saw, bought bottled water.
In the NW where I went, everyone had re-useable water bottles.
I did get a lot of people looking at me, every time I used my water bottle.
Hope I got a few thinking. 
Its a little thing to do, to help save our planet.




0 comments: