RSS

Monday, July 4, 2016

New Drive Band for my Spinning Wheel~


It was driving me nuts to have a new drive band and not having it on my wheel.
Thought I would be brave enough to take it part, but I thought back to when I had to originally put it together... was a massive royal pain.

I just couldn't get the first cheap replacement drive band to melt together...
thought it was me, no matter what I did, I could not get it to work.

So I bought a Majacraft band. $$ But worth it.

 Practiced on the old band, with the video using the small candle to heat the band ends and to stick it together... it worked, not perfect but I could do it.
So I am thinking that first replacement drive band, maybe had sat too long?

Anyway, with the new Majacraft band, was quick and easy, let it set for 20 minutes and started spinning.

So now I am happily spinning again!
 
 

0 comments: