RSS

Friday, August 29, 2008

The Passing of Heidi ~


We went to our large animal Vet at 3:30 today.. let them see Heidi and told the New Vet, all her history...and she agreed it was Heidi's time. Heidi was calm.. like she knew it was her time.
New Vet took her out of the room for the shot but brought her back in, so we could be with her. Itched her,, talked to her...until she fell asleep. The Vet stayed with us, she was sooo kind and understanding. That helped a lot.
(She also knew who I was talking about with out me saying the name, not all Vets are good or caring Vets as per the other post.)
It was a peaceful passing and the right thing to do.. no matter how hard it was for us.
Let my son make the choice.. to bring her home or let them...
We brought her home, made a comfy box for her to be in and DS burried her.
I managed to hold it together for a bit, did not want to cry in front of my son..but can't seem to stop crying. It never is easy letting an family member go.
DS is doing about the same I am... he had Heidi since he was a wee nipper and has always had her in his life.. He doesn't remember a time when she wasn't there. Will be a hard adjustment.
It will be a long time before we can think of Heidi without crying, she has been with this family for a long, long time.
Our two other cats.. no longer really kittens, help. They can never replace Heidi...but they in time will soften it a bit.
`
My DS wants to be alone and I have to stay busy...so I was folding towels.. and of course they had to help...and let me know I wasn't folding them right. Being right in the middle of everything, they knew...Cats always know. Just had to hug them.
*
To our Beloved Heidi, forever part of our family and within our hearts always. Be at peace and free of pain Dear friend. We shall always miss you.

0 comments: