RSS

Thursday, September 4, 2014

The chicks are growing up~



One of the beautiful Lavender Americana Bantams. They will lay light blue eggs.



Every single one of my Quail Antwerps are Roosters. Rather depressed about that.

I have never had a batch of chickens be 95% Rossters and 5% hens.
Normally its a 50/50 split.
So will have to continue culling. Hate culling but finding homes for them is really hard and having that many roosters per hen ratio, isn't fair to the hens.



They love cleaning DS's shoes. LOL


The batch of young bantams.


One of the Porcelain d'Uccle Hens, just getting her muff and beard.
Their beautiful spots are slowly coming in.

After all that went on, I only ended up with 5 d'Uccle hens.



The one Porcelain d'Uccle Rooster we decided to keep.  He is super sweet and likes being held.

Makes me wish I kept that batch of chicks I did not order.
Obviously my hindsight wasn't working too well then.
 7 Hens in all...  sure I will loose some due to various reasons.

Call me crazy, but I ordered another batch of GoldenNeck and Porcelain d'Uccles from a different hatchery.
Would like a healthy flock of bantam d'Uccles.



0 comments: